Thursday, February 25, 2010

Rabat to Fez

So goodbye Fez. You have been beautiful with your smelly streets and friendly people. I will truly miss the Medina Kadeema, as it is doubtable that I will ever be there again. The el-Amouri’s were outstanding individuals and I have invited them to visit me in Rabat, Inshallah. Ali and I hit up the Moroccans citizens that we had called friends and jumped on the bus for Rabat. Bslama Fez.

From there, we saw the countryside of Morocco and drove to Rabat. After spending so long in Fez, I was under the impression that Rabat would be very similar. I seem to have been quite mistaken; Rabat closely resembled European cities. The people were dressed with trendy clothing, women were unveiled and showing skin (something that was unheard of in Fez) and people were wearing braces. The buildings were not from the 1200’s and the streets were not littered with trash.

Our bus arrived in Rabat and the students living with host families left the bus. From there, the remaining dormitory and apartment students traveled to the female only dormitory. There Cody and I were separated from the rest of the IES students, and we begin our journey to our new living quarters. Sidi Baghdadi and his son, Saber, showed us to our apartment. It is huge!

No comments:

Post a Comment